Raspberry Lemonade Jello Shot
I made these for last year's Superbowl party and they were a hit! So of course, they were requested again this year for next week's Superbowl party. I even made "virgin" ones for the kids that were just straight lemon jello so we wouldn't get them confused.
They are everything I remembered about jello shots in college: strong, sweet and irrestiable. Wrapped in the lemon rind, they seemed more "adult", because I definitely can't call a jello shot "fancy".
- 12 lemons, cut in half, juiced and cleaned
- 2-6oz packages of flavored Jello (I used raspberry and lemon)
- Cheap vodka, chilled in the freezer
- Cut each lemon in half, with the stem on each half. Juice and scrape the inside of each half with a spoon so they are clean.
- Make a flat slice on each stem, making sure you don't cut through the lemon, so that it can stand up straight like a cup.
- Follow the directions on the box for making the jello, substituting 1 1/3 cups of cold water with 1 1/3 cups of cold vodka. Make 1 box at a time if you want to layer your flavors.
- Fill each half of cleaned lemon with the jello mixture and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Make your second batch of jello, replacing 1 1/3 cups of cold water with cold vodka.
- Again, pour into your lemon cups, filling them to the brim.
- Refrigerate until full set, 3 hours.
- To serve, slice each lemon half into wedges.